Postdoctoral Scholar Position – China’s Economy and its Global Impact
The Center for China and Asia-Pacific Studies of the Universidad del Pacífico in Lima, Peru is now welcoming applications for the position of Full-Time Postdoctoral Researcher for a period of one to three years.
The Center is currently implementing plans to strengthen its institutional capacity, diversify its activities, and expand its research team. In this context, we seek to incorporate at least new affiliated researchers in 2022, who share a commitment to evidence-based analyses of China’s bilateral and multilateral relations with the world, and in particular with other developing countries and regions. This position is for a period of one to three years, with the possibility of renewal by mutual agreement. Our general priority is to strengthen the Center’s research capacities in topics related to the Chinese economy, its trends and internal transformations as well as China’s international relations in the areas of trade, investment and/or development finance with other countries, with special emphasis in Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region.
- Conduct research and publish results regularly in academic journals or presses (articles, books or book chapters).
- Disseminate research findings through the Center’s digital media.
- Teach one course or seminar per year, on topics of the researchers expertise, at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Participate in conferences and other events organized by the Center.
- Supervise students who pursue theses in topics of the researcher’s expertise.
- Competitive salary for South America/Peru.
- One full-time research assistant (upperclassman or recent graduate).
- Funding for research-related travel, fieldwork and/or collaboration with peers in other countries.
- Flexibility between remote and on-campus work at the Universidad del Pacífico campus when in-person activities resume (March 2020, tentatively).
- PhD or equivalent in International Economics or Finance, International Development, International Political Economy, or related fields.
- Research focus on the Chinese economy, China’s international economic relations, including but not limited to relations between China and Latin America, or China and other Asia-Pacific economies, or related topics.
- A minimum of two articles in peer-reviewed journals or in other publications of recognized academic quality.
- International academic or professional experience (China or Asia-Pacific desirable).
- Advanced English language proficiency. Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese or Spanish would be desirable but not required.
- Cover letter
- Résumé and publications list
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
- Two academic or professional letters of recommendation
- 1000-word summary of research plan, including objectives and preliminary outline of the project(s) to be undertaken at the Center.
- October 15 2021: Application opens
- December 13 2021: Application deadline
- Start date: Between January 16 and March 14 (flexible)
- All application materials must be sent via email to Sandra Manrique (email@example.com) with copy to: José Carlos Feliciano (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Subject: Postdoctoral Researcher Position at the Center for China and Asia-Pacific Studies, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Universidad del Pacífico and the Center for China and Asia-Pacific Studies are committed to creating an inclusive work environment and upholding equal opportunities and non-discrimination during the selection and hiring process. Women and ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.